Monday, August 13, 2012

Yellowstone with Brian and John - June 2011

In June 2011 Chance and I decided to pick up the boys and go through Yellowstone.  We picked up Brian and John in Bozeman and camped a couple of nights in the Park.  We had such an awesome time.  I had a hard time keeping up with these hard-core hikers though.  It felt like I was sprinting up and down the trails to jeers of, "Come on, short legs!"  Still... a trip to remember for sure!

Sorry the pictures loaded all out of order - combining two different cameras is such a hassle, but there were good pics from both, and it's too late at night to worry about the order. :) Enjoy!!!
The main "Welcome" sign
The colors are astounding!


In front of Lower Falls


The main Gateway Arch


Old Faithful Geyser - still erupting on time!


Boiling Mudpots


The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone with Lower Falls


Hard to capture the extreme height, but this was intense!


Upper Falls? Lower Falls? Pretty either way.


Bacterial formations in boiling water!


Elk calves


And mama close-by.  We had our tents at the base of this hill, and awoke to stampeding elk in the middle of the night.  I laid there listening to them chewing grass (with visions of taking a hoof through the temple) until the sun came up. 



Yellowstone Traffic Jam







On our way to the Artist Paint Pots


Just after the Old Faithful eruption


Great place to eat lunch


Yellowstone Lake



Can you tell they're brothers???





Yo! Yo homeslice!



Charlie M. Russell, I found your muse!


Grizzlies - the real variety!

John - Gee
Handsome and I


Bribers


Is body language contagious?? "Enough pictures already!"

Such a fun trip - None of us had seen Yellowstone in years, and it was fun to "remember" together.

No comments:

Post a Comment