Saturday, May 3, 2014

Fall 2012 - Weddings, Salsa Making, and some Exciting News!

September 1st, Kristi and Brandon Trent got married!  Hubs and I drove down to Helena the day before and helped with some prep work.  Kristi was super organized, as always, so there wasn't much left to do.  We did cut up some fruit for a salad, and help with the flowers.  They chose a beautiful venue in Helena, right on the water, for the wedding.  It was a gorgeous day, and a beautiful ceremony. We had so much fun - we ate, visited, and danced into the night.  Congratulations, you two!  You make an awesome couple!

Getting the fruit salad ready


Keeping her fresh for a boutonniere


The beautiful Bride and her Maid of Honor - so thankful to have this friend!

Kristi looked so pretty!
Married!


The end of September I headed to Thompson Falls for a Salsa making party.  I had been canning salsa for the past several years with some co-workers, but thought it would be fun to take the operation home instead this year.  A very pregnant Lichen was game to come along with Ryla, and Julie and baby Brooklyn (along with Meredith Evridge) drove up from Oregon.  We did get the salsa done - what a job! - but, mostly just had fun together with the cute babies!  Hubs thought it sounded like more fun to stay home - I would have to admit, it was a party better suited for girls!

Sweet sweet Ryla!
Mom with baby Brooklyn - all smiles
Smiley Brooklyn
Jewls and Ryla
Getting my Brooklyn snuggles
Pretty girls
Playing with mama

Finally getting some work done - isn't this pretty?

Lichen and "baby" prepping the jalapenos

Our massive batch of salsa
Lichen with all "three" kids


Sunday morning with Brooklyn baby
I hadn't been feeling quite right during our salsa weekend, and suspected I knew the cause.  So, after getting home and sharing my suspicions with Hubs, I took a test and yep, PREGNANT!  Yay!!!
A lot goes through one's mind when this happens - excitement, trepidation, outright fear, joy, nervousness... but overall - so much happiness!  Looks like a baby will be arriving in early June!

 In October Chance's sister Chelsey and her fiance' Justin got married!  I got to play piano and sing for the wedding.  Such a privilege to help them celebrate!  They chose to marry in a little church in Vaughn that held special memories for them both.  It was a sweet, intimate wedding.  So special to be a part of it!  Congratulations to Chelsey and Justin!

Rehearsal at the piano
I was pretty sick at this point in the pregnancy - so I had a garbage can beside me in case of emergency mid wedding.  There were a couple of close minutes, but we made it through without incident.
Playing and singing on the big day!
The Bride and her dad - my Father - in - law, Bret.  So gorgeous!
Charity - Maid of Honor... another Gorgeous sister!
Singing before the vows
Our whole Benedict Family
Sabrina & Chad, Charity & Ella, Mom & Dad, Justin and Chelsey, Chandee, Chala, and Hubs & I
Thanksgiving was spent in Thompson Falls this year.  Ben and Robin came up from California, so the only one missing was Brian! :(  We missed him!

After Sunday morning meeting
Rob and Mandy, John and girlfriend Jessica, Hubs and I, Mom & Pops, Sue and Jason
It was pretty chilly, being November in Montana and all, so we spent the majority of the weekend indoors.  The boys bought a bumper pool table and set up bracket style tournaments.  Of course, winner took bragging rights.
Ben lining up a shot
Hubs shoots, while John and Jason look on
Dad scopes out a shot while John looks at his partner with a knowing smirk
All of us sisters got outside one day and went for a hike up the new logging road.  It really helped the nausea to get some fresh air and exercise, but I was easily tired and out of breath.  Only about 8 weeks pregnant, and already noticing some changes!
Checking the water barrel and enjoying a drink from the nice crisp spring
Group pic!
Sue, Jessica, me, Mandy and Maggie dog

1 comment:

  1. Fun to picture some of the events I have heard about. We need another TFalls weekend with Lexi, Brooklyn and Tyce. Love Jewls and Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete